As an eCommerce store grows in size, the majority of them confront the same crisis of managing and handling extensive amounts of product data. If all of the product information is dispersed, your team’s efficiency will suffer, errors will become widespread, and customers will begin to lose faith in your product. As a result, an increasing number of online companies operate PIM – a management tool designed to avoid all of these problems. In this blog learn how can PIM Software help you manage your time.
What is PIM?
PIM is an abbreviation for “product information management,” a management solution that centralises all of a company’s product information. All of the information from your product catalogue is saved. There are other fields that can be added to PIM, including:
- Each product’s basic details.(Name, brand, price, etc.)
- Technical data.
- Information about sales channels and market venues such as (Amazon, Flipkart)
- Stock availability.
- Each product has its own review.
- Product catalogue, datasheet, etc.,
PIM not only recovers information about your items, but it also does much more. Assume you have altered a product; PIM allows you to edit that product with new features on all sales channels at the same time. In this manner, PIM can retain and modify data as needed to carry out daily duties. As a result, PIM serves as a bridge between the two. It makes importing and exporting product data a breeze.
8 Ways a Product Information Management(PIM) Will Save You Time:
1. Reduces the use of spreadsheets:
If you have hundreds of product characterization to keep up with, uploading them on a spreadsheet would be time-consuming and could lead to human error by entering improper data. PIM enables this type of task to be completed more correctly. Users will save time by entering a huge volume of data in less time and more accurately with PIM. This will make it easier for the correct department to access the necessary data.
2. Automation :
Another advantage of PIM technology is automation. Instead of manually uploading data, businesses may automatically obtain accurate information from a variety of sources. As a result, you will be able to develop a wealthy product experience, a better user experience, and a high rate of return on investment. PIM’s automation tools make it simple to launch a new product or create offers for your existing product. PIM’s automation article expedites the completion of the enormous task.
3. Aids in marketing expansion:
Because PIM centralises all information on your items, it offers you with sales volume and other marketing statistics. It aids you in learning.
Determine which sales channels are producing the best results for you.
* which keywords are performing optimally.
*Lifetime value of each product
This information assists your marketing team in making timely marketing decisions. Your sales will improve if you make the right judgments at the right time.
4. To meet milestones:
Using PIM, you can record your business growth and reach your business objectives. You may monitor the product (sales), team achievement, and capacity. If you discover that specific elements are missing and preventing you from meeting your deadline, you can identify those flaws and address them as soon as possible. PIM aids in time management for such repairs. Things that are corrected on time can help you advance more quickly.
5. Unit expansion:
PIM software allows firms to readily measure the efficiency of numerous teams and units. If one unit is productive, its data can be shared with a less efficient unit to accelerate growth. Because PIM centralises all data, you can boost the growth of a less efficient team/unit in less time.
6. Errors are diminished since PIM stores reliable information, which decreases the incidence of exchanging defective information. Error reduction saves businesses time and money. PIM data is used to optimise product delivery, purchasing procedures, and inventory information. As a result, the buyer can be completely satisfied after purchasing your product. Because PIM solutions are simple to implement, businesses save time and money on management and marketing.
7. Improves your customer experience:
Because PIM centralises data, it provides the primary source of product information for each product across all marketing channels. When you identify any data problems, PIM will assist you in improving them by reducing the inconsistency. This will help to improve the customer experience by promptly resolving concerns and then promptly pushing the improvements to all channels.
8. To grow your business, use PIM to automatically circulate new or updated product content to all selling channels in a timely and accurate manner. Because PIM is linked to eCommerce platforms, it allows you to easily locate product data for websites. PIM can help you save money on business enlargement & save time.
Finally, PIM clarifies things by putting everything in one location. It is simple to search for, access, update, find, and share product-related information. It makes things easier not only for employees, but also for teams, management, customers, and the firm as a whole. PIM not only makes it easier to handle a big number of data, but it also makes it easier to deal with. It’s time to master data and use it to propel your e-commerce firm forward.